Saturday, April 25, 2009

Importance


In my life,
when I do stuff, like an important shot to make in a basketball game, an exam to determine what school you'll be going to, or trying to quit a bad habit.. I usually would do it, not for me, but to someone I cared about. Ex. this trick is for (soandso'sname), and if I don't make it, then I fail.

But recently,
I was talking to a friend, a really good friend, I told her I'd do this and that for her. Afterwards, she was like, don't do it for me. You have to do things for yourself.
She was right.

So,
I did things for myself, put my self first. Did things not to impress people. If I did that, I wouldn't focus on getting better. It's a waste of time doing things for others.

So my message is: Do things for yourself.

I leave you with this..
Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you? ~Fanny Brice


No comments: