Monday, August 11, 2008

Work in Process, 7 plywood dedication

Working on a design for my board. This project is between Me, Meeks, and Francisco. Suppose to be my birthday present but my bday passed long time ago. Anywho, its a great idea. This is my journey through my design. I had a japanese-is-tic design to it at first but I changed it=\. I'll be working on it daily, hopefully it will turn out the way I want it. You may want to click on the picture to make it bigger to see it more clearly.

Day one


*Update: I haven't added the face yet because... well, I'm scared I'm going to eff it up =\. But I'll do it soon >_>

*Update: Omg, can't believe how hard and long that was (<-reread that sentence, you dirty kid= =")But I manage to do it. *It will look better once I add color to it.... trust me.


*Update: Well, its 3am and I need to wake up before 11 today >_> so I'm hitting the bricks. I added a flower and some Japanese characters in there.


Day Two


I haven't worked on this for a while =\ and I just felt like doing it. What I did was color in the head.* Accidentally made a scratch near the nose but I can just paint over that later. Coloring was pretty difficult, I must say. But I'm satisfied with it. The eyes are effed, I don't know but whatever too tired. Peace


*Update: Colored in the body, but the parts where I put white-out on was noticable, so its kinda messed. I have to stratch it out and put real paint next time. I'm half way done with my side. Hope it turns out good ;) Stay tuned.


*Update: So I just finished coloring the main parts, the girl, the flower, and the banner with japanese writing on it. But I have a huge gap on the right side, and I don't know what to put there. =\. But after I think of a design, I'm going to do the background so I'm pretty close to finishing it.


*Update: Alright guys(<--Joel Flores*inside joke)lol. I'm in the home stretch of my project. As you can see, I decided to add a bare tree with lots of branches so it fills up more, yadadameen. It got smudge as I was working on it. Damnit. Whatever. I'm going to start the background color but I'm undecided on which color to choose. Hope you guys like it so far.. Almost done boys.


*Update: Last update of the day. I went with the brown. But it's not well shaded because the pencil crayons got dull and my pencil sharpener is too loud to use because it's an electronic one. I'll finish it tomorrow. Promise.



Finally done.
This piece was not an original, it was a remake.
If only you were here by Audrey Kawasaki




5 comments:

Francis said...

well...it owns my side of the board.

Anonymous said...

and mine

ckp said...

this is not a complaint.

wow

Gerry Eff said...

Sorry to shit on your parade karl, but that's one of Audrey Kawasaki's designs. Give her some street cred.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1696/audreyav6.png

cmon now

Gerry Eff said...

http://img521.imageshack.us/
img521/1696/audreyav6.png